Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Facing the storms and finishing the book.

Mark 4:37-40 37 And there arose a great storm of wind, and the waves beat into the ship, so that it was now full. 38 And he was in the hinder part of the ship, asleep on a pillow: and they awake him, and say unto him, Master, carest thou not that we perish? 39 And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm. 40 And he said unto them, Why are ye so fearful? how is it that ye have no faith?
Jesus has been with His people for 20 centuries and yet, we, like the disciples, underestimate His power to handle our storms. The disciples did not yet know Jesus but we do NOT have that excuse. We need to be prepared for the storms, prayed up and ready. God did not promise us no storms, only that He would keep us through the storms. When a storm rages around us we can pray, trust and move ahead. Lean into the wind and trust God, not running from the storms.
With faith, nothing is impossible. Our own outlook to everyday problems is a testimony of our faith. How do we react when the car won't start or things don't go as we have planned? Do we praise God through the storms or curse the storms? As children of God, we need to realize that the enemy is constantly seeking ways to destroy our faith. He does just what is necessary to compromise our walk with God. Does it take a little or does it take a lot? A small rain shower or a full blown thunderstorm? You know the closer you are walking with God, the bigger and stronger the storms will be, that is just the enemies way. The harder he fights you, the bigger the storm, rejoice in the knowledge that you are doing something right in the Lord or satan would not have a reason to fight you. Let me turn that around and repeat that, if he's NOT fighting you, something is wrong in your walk! Sound harsh? If you think about it, it's true. When you look around and see unbelievers enjoying wealth and happiness, what will they have when the storms hit? They can turn to the same God we do, but many won't. When it seems nothing is going your way, that the enemy is attacking from every side, health, happiness, finances, work, any area, rejoice because you are a thorn in satan's side. He knows he is defeated and you are living, breathing proof thrown in his face by your very faith. Remember that God has our lives all planned out.
I think of my life as a book, every chapter carefully illustrated by God. I picture sometimes that He has a big eraser that He uses when I've scribbled in new lines and changed what He has written for me. He, (God), has to erase what I've done (forgive me my sins, transgressions) and rewrite the story encompassing what I've done of my own free will. I'm here only by the Grace of God. He has sustained me and even at my age I know God can still use me and He does. My storms can and have been turned into testimonies for Him. At my lowest points, when I thought I was down to nothing, God was up to something. He teaches me daily how to lean on Him, pray and have faith. I seek Him out in the mornings, I'm excited for what the next pages and chapters hold that God has in store for me in my book of life. I've read the end of the book and it goes like this -- ...and she lived happily ever after with her King in the Kingdom He prepared for her, where there is no sorrow, no death, no tears and no more storms. (Thank you Jesus)
Heavenly Father, I pray the peace of God for all who are reading this blog. I ask that you bless them in whatever way they most need You today and that You work in and through them, Lord Jesus. I pray for their health, their spiritual well-being, their mental health, their finances, that You will bless them in ALL things. Most of all, I pray they put on Your full armor and stand strong against the storms the enemy brings against them, having faith in You that You will sustain them and keep them safe. For those who might not know You or may be struggling with their faith Father, I ask that You bless them in a special way, that You touch them in a way that they will have no doubt they have been in the presence of the Lord. Father I ask You in Jesus name to heal those who are sick today in a way that leaves no doubt it was a touch of Your hand. Those that have special prayers, special needs, storms they can't face, that You would especially answer their prayers and give them the help, the answers, the word, the shelter that they seek today. All these things I ask in Jesus name and believing Your word that anything we ask in Your son's name, you will do. I thank you and praise you and give you all the glory. I love you Lord. Amen
In His will,
God bless you
tawanab

2 comments:

  1. Hello,
    I found you through 'Mattie's' blog, and have enjoyed this post so much. Just what I needed.
    Bless you for writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thank you for stopping by. There are only 2 things I pray to accomplish 1) Uplifting the Lord and giving Him praise and honor, and 2) uplifting "in the name of Jesus" those who read what He has given me. May God bless you :)

    ReplyDelete