Thursday, July 15, 2010

Trust and Obey

I will be the first to tell you, I have some serious trust issues.  At my age, until recently I was like a child with trust, very naive.  I have always looked for the good in people and even when they hurt me I would make excuses for them.  Something I must have done, or said, or they are having a bad day, or they just don't understand etc. etc.  You get the idea.  In the past few months someone I trusted with my life has left a hurt and distrust in me that even God in His Supremecy has had trouble dealing with me over.  And deal with me He has, just like any Father trying to get a point across to their children.  Word after word from His word beginning with:
Micah 7:5 Trust ye not in a friend, put ye not confidence in a guide: keep the doors of thy mouth from her that lieth in thy bosom.
Psalm 62:8  Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah.
Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
Psalms 40:4 Blessed is that man that maketh the LORD his trust, and respecteth not the proud, nor such as turn aside to lies.
Then He spoke to me.  My child I give you the people you need in your life, not so that you will take your eyes and your trust off of me but so that you will learn to trust me more.  Do not lean on your own understanding of who you can trust.  Look around you and fellowship with those "I" have given you.  Save your inner most secrets and thoughts for you and I.  I already know, I know from your waking up until your going to sleep, what you think, what you do, what you need.  Trust me, put all your faith in me, I will never leave or forsake you, I will never let you down.  Listen to me when I speak to you in that still small voice, I will give you direction if you just hear me.
Again I have to say, God is so awesome.  I am praying it through, part of the reason I was so hurt was my own fault.  I let talking to that one become more important than talking to God.  (Not the first time or only one I have done this with I might add, sometimes takes me a couple of knocks to learn a lesson lol)  God is faithful, He waited patiently and He used this situation to turn me around to show me truly how much more He can be trusted.  I will become more trusting of others again, but now I know that God, sticks closer than a brother, and all my secrets, feelings etc. are safe with Him.  I let Him lead me in decisions, I know I will not let anyone else become more important than Him and when He nudges me and tells me I'm about to tell to much to a particular person, I will listen because He has done it before and I plowed right on and trusted them anyway.  He is helping me to learn balance and in the meantime He is giving me comfort and others to let me talk through this pain with as long as I remember, He comes first.  I'm not saying I will never trust anyone again, but I will be more aware of "who" I trust with "what".  We are all human and all fall short, sometimes without meaning to.
God bless all
His servant
Pray for the peace of Jerusalem