Sunday, March 18, 2018

Sitting On The Fence

1 Peter 1:15-16 (NASB)

15 but [a]like the Holy One who called you, [b]be holy yourselves also in all your behavior; 16 because it is written, “You shall be holy, for I am holy.”
(No one can serve two masters).  As Christians, our life IS our testimony.  Do people see Christ in us or do they see a worldly follower?  Please don't say, "they shouldn't be judging".  It isn't judgment when your behavior is public for everyone to see.  What kind of witness are you presenting yourself?  "In all your behavior...be Holy".  You can't straddle the fence with God.  

Revelation 3:15-16 (NASB)

15 I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot; I wish that you were cold or hot. 16 So because you are lukewarm and neither hot nor cold, I will [a]spit you out of My mouth.Matthew 6:24 (NASB)

24 No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and [a]wealth.
You cannot serve God and money.  But think about this for a moment.  The Bible is God's Holy Word, this is not the only scripture in the Bible that tells you this message about serving (worshipping) two Gods.
The Bible says, "God is a jealous God".  Anything you put before Him is an idol and makes you an adulterer in God's eyes.  No matter what it is. So you cannot serve God and the world, you cannot serve God and the devil.  Be in this world but not of this world.  We cannot be perfect as Jesus, however, we can strive to live Christlike in our daily lives.  Putting away the things the world does, remembering that if we claim to be Christian, the world is watching, babes in Christ are watching, other Christians are watching but most of all, God is watching.  Watching to see if you obey His commands, if you follow His word in your life, if you serve Him or the world.  We are held to a higher standard. 
We all sin and fall short of the glory of God, however, willful sin is a totally different matter.  If you willfully sin one day and then worship and praise God the next, isn't there a word for that?  What are you presenting to others?  Will you turn them from God because of YOUR witness?  

Matthew 18:7 (AMP) 

“Woe (judgment is coming) to the world because of stumbling blocks and temptations to sin! It is inevitable that stumbling blocks come; but woe to the person on whose account or through whom the stumbling block comes!
Matthew 6:22-23 (NASB)
22 The eye is the lamp of the body; so then if your eye is [a]clear, your whole body will be full of light. 23 But if your eye is [b]bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light that is in you is darkness, how great is the darkness!  
The pleasures of this world cannot compare to what God has promised you, don't lose God while following the world.   Again, be in this world, not of this world.  Mold and shape your life around "what would Jesus do?"  Stop sitting on the fence, choose a side, choose this day whom you will serve.
Father, I pray today that you would create in me a clean heart.  I ask that you keep me from temptation and help me to live the way you created me to live.  I ask Father that you keep me from being a stumbling block to all who come in contact with me, that they see Your light shining through.  Father God I ask in Jesus name that You fill me with Your Holy Spirit and lead me in Your righteous paths so that I do not cause another to sin or blaspheme You because of my actions.  Help me to be Holy as You are Holy.  In Jesus name, Amen

Psalm 51  (AMP)

A Contrite Sinner’s Prayer for Pardon.

Have mercy on me, O God, according to Your lovingkindness;
According to the greatness of Your compassion blot out my transgressions.

Wash me thoroughly from my wickedness and guilt
And cleanse me from my sin.

For I am conscious of my transgressions and I acknowledge them;
My sin is always before me.

Against You, You only, have I sinned
And done that which is evil in Your sight,
So that You are justified when You speak [Your sentence]
And faultless in Your judgment.

I was brought forth in [a state of] wickedness;
In sin my mother conceived me [and from my beginning I, too, was sinful].

Behold, You desire truth in the innermost being,
And in the hidden part [of my heart] You will make me know wisdom.

Purify me with [a]hyssop, and I will be clean;
Wash me, and I will be whiter than snow.

Make me hear joy and gladness and be satisfied;
Let the bones which You have broken rejoice.

Hide Your face from my sins
And blot out all my iniquities.
10 
Create in me a clean heart, O God,
And renew a right and steadfast spirit within me.
11 
Do not cast me away from Your presence
And do not take Your Holy Spirit from me.
12 
Restore to me the joy of Your salvation
And sustain me with a willing spirit.
13 
Then I will teach transgressors Your ways,
And sinners shall be converted and return to You.
14 
Rescue me from bloodguiltiness, O God, the God of my salvation;
Then my tongue will sing joyfully of Your righteousness and Your justice.
15 
O Lord, open my lips,
That my mouth may declare Your praise.
16 
For You do not delight in sacrifice, or else I would give it;
You are not pleased with burnt offering.
17 
My [only] sacrifice [acceptable] to God is a broken spirit;
A broken and contrite heart [broken with sorrow for sin, thoroughly penitent], such, O God, You will not despise.





No comments:

Post a Comment