Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Living Life by Example

I was blog walking and came across a friends blog titled, "Living the life....by example!!! I had to link to it. I also had to go vote for the gentleman in the video. He inspired me. I hope you read her blog and watch his video and then go vote for him. It will be worth your time, watch how Kili helps him, that's true love. This blog inspired me to write my own Living Life by example, a little different than his video but the same line of thinking.

Just as this gentleman is an inspiration to us as we grow older and gives us hope, as Christians, we must by our actions and the way we live our life inspire and give hope to others. We must always remember that we are an example to a lost and dying world. There is always someone "watching" needing the Lord that can easily be swayed by the things you say or do if you claim to be a Christian. (2 Corinthians 13:5-6 5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates? 6 But I trust that ye shall know that we are not reprobates.) I can't tell you in my lifetime how many times I've heard, "the reason I don't go to church is because there are so many hypocrites there!" Sad to say, that is true. However, they don't know all the true Christians that are there because the actions of one have dissuaded them. I hear some Christians say, "I don't live my life for others, I don't care what other people think". If you are a true Christian then no, you don't live your life for others, HOWEVER, you live your life for Jesus Christ and thereby you set an example for others.
The bible says in Matthew 7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

Take heed Christians, the Bible also says in Romans 14:13 Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother's way. We are all brothers and sisters in Christ. As Christians we are all subject to human failings but we need to remember there are people in our lives that need Jesus and the very words that come out of our mouths could be the turning point for them, good or bad. We are known as Christians by our actions. (Matthew 12:36-37, 36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. 37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.) Come judgement day do you want Jesus to remind you of an occassion where you had the chance to minister and you blew it? Or do you want to truthfully look Him in the eye and say, "Lord I did my best and let Your light shine through me, I was careful in all things so as not to turn another from You". We will all be accountable to God come judgement day and I for one do not want anyone's blood on my hands, nor do I want to miss Heaven because of causing another to proselyte (see definition below). Matthew 23:13,15: 13) But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in. 15) Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.
(Proselyte means: a person who has changed from one opinion, religious belief, sect, or the like, to another; convert.) Simply translated means because you have caused another to proselyte, (turn away) and not enter Heaven, neither will you!
To someone who might be searching for the true meaning of life, I encourage you to get to know the Lord. Don't be dissuaded by hypocrites, (Matthew 7:1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.) there are many, but there are also many good Christians who try daily to live their life by God's word and show His true love. A personal relationship is one of the most wonderful experiences you will ever have. We are all human and we are all subject to human failings, no one is perfect. Romans 3:23-24 23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; 24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: Being a Christian doesn't make us perfect but we have been forgiven our past sins. The Bible also tells us that not everyone who says Lord, Lord will enter into the Kingdom of Heaven, (Matthew 7:21-23, Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity), this is his warning to hypocrites. Don't dismiss God because of hypocrites. He gave us all a promise in John 3:16 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
He wants that for you. He wants a personal relationship with you, whether you have ever accepted Him in your life or "claim" to be a christian but realize you are not walking the way you should be, or been a Christian at one time and fallen away. He loves you whether you acknowledge Him or not. All you need to do is simply ask Him to forgive your sins, ask Jesus into your life today, you won't regret it. Develop a one on one relationship with Him and don't worry about what others do or say. Talk to Him as you would a friend or loved one, He's there waiting to hear from you. We have to take responsibility for ourselves and our actions because we are all accountable to God.

I want to leave you with a few more words from the Bible. I feel as Paul did in Phillipians 1:3-4 3 I thank my God upon every remembrance of you, 4 Always in every prayer of mine for you all making request with joy, and Phillipians 1:9-11, 9 And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment; 10 That ye may approve things that are excellent; that ye may be sincere and without offence till the day of Christ. 11 Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.
and finally: Ephesians 6:24 24 Grace be with all them that love our Lord Jesus Christ in sincerity. Amen.
2 Corinthians 13:14 The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen.

God bless you and yours

3 comments:

  1. Very nice post and so true. Thank you. I also voted for you on both blog award nominations. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a wonderful inspiration. Your words are uplifting and filled with a glorious strength of faith. You make my heart smile and my spirit soar...I thank you.

    I hope you have a terrific week. Your words will carry me through the days.(smile)

    Blessings to you,
    Mattie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you AVR for the comments AND the votes.

    Mattie as usual you lifted my spirits and humble me :)

    ReplyDelete