Sunday, April 5, 2009

Is All Hope Gone?

I've heard it said, "if you take away a man's hope, he has nothing to live for". I guess that could be true, however, I can't help but think if man's hope is based on Jesus, how could anyone take it away? A personal relationship with Jesus cannot be taken away, it has to be given up.

No Jesus = no hope: Know Jesus = know hope.

I was taught growing up that hope meant trust, so if hope = trust, trust = faith. If your faith is in Jesus, no one can ever take it away. No power can prevail against it. The powers of satan are NO match for the Power of God. Satan lost favor with God when he thought he was better than God. He knows his battle is already lost, his objective is to take as many with him as he can, away from the Grace of God. Remember, he can only take it if we let it go.

Hope springs eternal for all of us through the love and grace of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Romans 15:13 - Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.

May God bless you,
Tawanab

5 comments:

  1. You are so right. Hope is what helps keep us alive that no matter what adversity comes our way, we have hope and faith in Jesus and God that he will see us through it. I am reinventing my relationship with God and making my faith in him stronger. He has been in my life through many tough situations and has seen me through, even though I did not believe it was him at the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see you. I know what you mean about Him being there even when you don't think He is, I've been that way many times and I can look back now and see that I couldn't have made it without Him. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't realize you had posted again. Had I known, I would have commented sooner.

    As always, your words are full of inspiration and light. Hope and faith...two wonderful things to hold onto! You seem to have so much of both, my friend. I can't thank you enough for sharing your thoughts with all of us. Many blessings to you!(smile)

    'Til next time,
    Mattie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much. Sometimes writing "to" inspire others actually works to give me the inspiration I need :) Blessings to you also my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi TawanaB! Blessings to you! Thank you for always dropping by my blog. What you said is true-our hope is in Jesus. And no one can snatch us away from Him. Not even the enemy. He can only get us if we let him, but I believe that even in the worst day of our lives God is there for us and He will make every way to get us back to Him. Our God is a sovereign God.

    ReplyDelete