Monday, March 8, 2010

Don't tell God how big the mountain is -

Tell the mountain how big your God is. Trusting in Jesus means I don't have to try and "fix" everything and everybody! Isn't it funny how sometimes things just "come" to us and it's like a light bulb being turned on? I've really honestly learned to turn my trials and troubles over to God and let Him handle them, although being human I occasionally still try to "fix" things myself. When God wants me to learn something knew He isn't shy about it. Everywhere I turn, everything I look at, everything I pick up to read will illustrate His point and what He is trying to teach me.
You might say today's lesson is "Lean on me". I open facebook and see a status that says, "Let Go and Let God". My message of the day says, "The weight you carry on your shoulders is too heavy for one human being. Give some of that weight where it belongs, - to God and have faith that what happens is for the best, whether you understand it or not." I get a daily email called, "what the Lord is saying today", that also has a lesson about NOT trying to fix everything myself. Now what would you think? Think the Lord is trying to tell me something? I sure do, and I'm listening Lord.

Yesterday I got an answer to something I've waited on for almost two years and finally after all this time the answer was yes, praise God. However, after finally getting a positive answer, the rest of the day I worried!!! I worried what if -- what if they change their mind, what if something happens and they reverse the decision, what if one side still doesn't agree and decides to fight it. Very quietly that small still voice is telling me, "it's okay. Didn't "I" fix this, am I not still in control here? Haven't I been telling you all this time, trust me?" "Lean on me, trust not in your own understanding." Wow what powerful words! Then I remember how wonderful it is to trust in Jesus, what a burden is lifted when I just let go and let Him do His work. He loves me, that is all that matters. He promised me in His word that He would take care of me. He does. It's true when "I've been down to nothing, God has been up to something."
God bless you and yours
Tawana B
pray for the peace of Israel.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you.
    I stumbled onto this today, and it was just what I needed to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tawanna,

    I was writing a post on my FB, and googled the saying about your mountain and God to make sure I got it right, and came across your blog. As I read through it, I knew God gave me this page for a reason. I had also just finished texting a friend about learning the lesson about let go, Let God! Thanks for writing what is on your heart...I'm sure there are so many who can relate and needed to hear this message.
    Below is my FB post:
    I have a story, it's kind of long so I won't tell it now...just know the message is good! The one thing I know and can hold onto is that God is the calm during the storm! HE has shown me many times that with the bad, there is always good. It is HIS plan, not ours and eventually HE will show you. Open your eyes, your heart, mind and spirit. Don't miss out on something so AWESOME that could change your life FOREVER! Obstacles are just that...push through! Don't tell God how big your mountain is, tell your mountain how big GOD is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by Tricia, sorry it has taken me so long to respond. I love the kind of confirmation you are talking about. I like what you said on your post also. God bless :-)

    ReplyDelete