Monday, March 8, 2010

Going to the enemies camp

I've been struggling lately with a lot of things. Trying to take my own advice and give everything over to God but being human still can't quit thinking about it. Monumental changes are going on in my life and that is never easy. Alot of them, I don't like and some of them hurt so bad they are tearing me apart inside, however, I do know that God has it all in control. Something my younger daughter said one day came back to me, "if you are going to pray, don't worry and if you are going to worry, don't pray". I'm the mom, wish I had said that lol.
The enemy is very good at what he does, he has to be because he wants to win, even though he knows he isn't going to. He might win some little battles individually at times but he is destined to lose the war. He knows this, but the final outcome isn't as important to him I guess as the destruction he can do in the meantime. Every trial, every temptation we face that we don't turn over to God, satan smiles over. He scores a victory.
Yesterday was a particularly bad day for me, I cried about everything, I whined to God, I talked to God, I even ask Him why a few times because that is the relationship I have with Him and I'm so thankful for that. I can talk to Him about anything and I can tell Him how I feel and He understands me, He already knows without my telling Him.
The first song they sang at church yesterday went like this, "I went to the enemies camp and I took back what he stole from me , took back what he stole from me, took back what he stole from me. I went to the enemies camp and I took back what he stole from me, now he's under my feet, under my feet, thank God he's under my feet." Wow, did my light bulb go off. I realized that he has stolen and is still trying to steal things from me and I put him on notice yesterday. I went to his camp and I'm taking back what he stole from me!!! He knows what it is, God most assuredly knows what it is and I now realize what it is that is going on. The sermon yesterday was around the woman in the bible who KNEW that if she could just get to Jesus, just touch the hem of his robe that she would be healed. Faith. This is just another one of the enemies feeble attempts to take my mind off God and to weaken my faith. It's not the circumstance or what is going on that is important to him, its just a means to an end for him. When I questioned God and cried to Him yesterday, He took me to the book of Job. (I love how He does that, talks to me through His word). Now what I read probably wasn't as much of a lesson as just the fact that He took me there. Job was a man of God, certainly strong in his walk with the Lord, yet he suffered trials that would put most of us in the ground. Through it all, his faith never wavered. I'm not Job, not anywhere close, so who am I? I'm a child that God loves just as much anyway but I'm not better than Job, I should be thankful and realize that things can always be worse. It was also a gentle reminder that He will take care of things, He will not put more on us than we can bear and in the end no matter what the trial, we will come out as conquerors. Through just that small thing He gave me peace. I do serve a God that is in control. I serve a loving God who chastises when He has to like a good parent but always looks out for me, has my best interest at heart and takes care of me.

No matter how bad things may look, try getting "out" of the circumstances and "in step with God". No matter how bad things might look right now God can turn any situation around. Use whatever you are going through to bring you closer to God not further away. God still loves you, He is still in control. Make Him the center of your life and while life might not be easy your focus won't be on trials.
This was my word from the Lord today and I'd like to share it with you, its an excerpt from an email I get called "What the Lord is Saying Today".

There will always be things that confront you and try to pull you down. This is your enemies plan and purpose. Get your learning cap on and take your dunce hat off. Get off the stool in the corner. You are not a victim. You are an overcomer. I have called you to walk higher. Walk the high road. I have called you to walk in peace and joy wherever you are. I will bring you through. You walk in victory.

And these verses:
James 1:2-6

2 My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; 3 Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. 4 But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.

5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. 6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.

You are fully armed, now go to enemies camp and take back what he stole from you. We are more than conquerors.
God bless
Tawana B
pray for the peace of Israel

2 comments:

  1. I love these types of little updates they change the pace of things… much needed. Good job and thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for stopping by. It encourages me to know others are getting something from the lessons God teaches me. :)

    ReplyDelete