Saturday, March 13, 2010

A Fire I Can't Put Out

Or I should say "I don't want to". This past week I have been going to revival with one of my daughters and awesome doesn't even describe it. Seeing the Lord moving and seeing the Holy Spirit move has quenched my thirst and kindled the fires in my spirit. I want more, more of what the Lord has to offer. I want to serve Him and I don't want to let this fire grow dim or go out. I am no stranger to seeing the Lord move so I wonder why I've cooled off in the past. I can blame it on the enemy but much as I hate to make any concessions where he is concerned, he is not totally to blame. I have to accept some of the responsibility myself maybe even a large part of it. Now, before you shake your head at me saying I shouldn't give the devil any leeway, rest assured I'm not. I know he is a snake, a liar, a deceiver and as the Bible says in 1 Peter 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour. Make no mistake, I'm not cutting the devil any slack and I'm not turning my back on him. However, he really can only do to me what "I" allow him to do. If I'm not reading my Bible, I'm not staying in touch with the Lord, then I give the devil a perfect opening into my life.
I should live my life as if I'm in revival everyday. The fires should be so bright in me that the heat touches anyone who gets near me! I've seen God move, I've been in His presence, I've been in the presence of the Holy Spirit, I have no excuses! I want more and if I want more all I have to do is stay hooked up :) I do want the fire in me to be so strong, I couldn't put it out if I wanted to. That's annointing, that's what I'm asking God for - annointing. You know what happens when you pour oil on a fire? It gets out of control. I want to be out of control for God.

No comments:

Post a Comment