Tuesday, June 29, 2010

God has a plan

Luke 23:44-46 And it was about the sixth hour, and there was a darkness over all the earth until the ninth hour. 45) And the sun was darkened, and the veil of the temple wast rent in the midst. 46) and when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, He said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said this He gave up the ghost.
What love. What total selflessness. What a mighty God we serve. Each time I read about Jesus crucifixion, it breaks my heart. What He did is beyond words, beyond what my mortal mind can truly comprehend. When we think of Jesus and what He did for us, we need to remember that although He was God, He went through all of that as a man, just like one of us. He was born, lived and died as a man. However, at any given moment He could have said stop! He could have said, "I don't want to do this? They are not worth it, they don't care what I'm doing for them." And, beloved, He would have had every right to do that. Even then most didn't believe who He was. Even in those days they did not accept Him for who He truly was and is. You know why God sent His only Son? God has a plan.
It was never His intention for man to be lost. At the risk of repeating myself, God cannot lie. His word says He will always give us an escape from temptation, that began with His sending Jesus to die for our sins. He was/is our escape from sin and temptation. If we fix our eyes, heart, mind on god - He will deliver us from temptation. He says it in His word, He has to do it, He cannot lie!
I am not writing to those who read this, again, every word of this is for me. I am compelled by the Spirit to share this with whomsoever will read it. I need what the Lord is saying just as much IF NOT MORE than those of you reading right now. The devil tempts and attacks me continually and sometimes I stumble, sometimes I fall down and fail miserably. I am NOT giving up. That is the lesson I have learned. Don't give up. God has a plan.
I have been accused of thinking I'm perfect and that my life is perfect and everything goes my way. All I can say to that is far from it! Do I strive to be perfect? Most definitely. Do I succeed? Most definitely NOT.
Do I have trials? Yes! Right now I'm going through a painful divorce, I have severe financial difficulties, my car needs an oil change and freon, my kids have problems (and any parent knows your kids troubles ARE your troubles also lol). My life is far from perfect. I claim His promise, He will provide. If I didn't have God, I shudder to think where I would be or what I would be doing. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be here to write this blog. I get angry, sometimes I allow myself to worry, I say things I shouldn't and then I have to repent. To be honest, sometimes that might take a day or two until the Holy Spirit shakes me up and reminds me where I came from and what can happen if I don't let things go and let God take care of them. I have to pray it through and like a rebellious child sometimes I don't want to! My life is a journey, not perfect but I've learned, most (if not all) of my problems are from trying to do things my own way my whole life, without waiting on God or asking His will. Now, in all truth and honesty, I'm reaping what "I" have sewn. But, God has a plan.
He could make my life perfect, He could clear up all my problems without blinking an eye but then what would that teach me. Just like a child, I must learn lessons from my mistakes. As I write this, I know He is working everything out. I know He is providing all my needs and even some of my wants, I have to wait on Him and I have to keep my faith in Him. How could I learn to depend on God for my every need if satan were not attacking me and I wasn't going through trials. God has a plan.
Now is the time -- for all of us. There may not be another day, or even another breath.
If you are facing trials and temptations, turn to Him. If you stumble or fail miserably, as I do daily, pick yourself up, dust yourself off, ask God for forgiveness and guidance and try again.
God has a plan.
Think about Jesus - what He did for all of us. Trying to live in God's will is not easy, no one said it would be, but the rewards are "out of this world". Don't expect to never see trials, troubles or temptations again, what would that teach us? We must keep our faith, stay in touch with God through prayer and His written word. Claim His promises, they were written just for YOU.
God has a plan, a perfect plan.
If you enjoy reading these blogs about what God is doing and has done, check out my friend Joseph's blog http://serious-things.com/
May God richly bless you,
his servant
pray for the peace of Jerusalem
Do not ask the Lord to guide your footsteps. if you are not willing to move your feet.

3 comments:

  1. wow, so many thoughts on this post. all i can really say is HALLELUJAH! :) Not really... I got a testimony to share too haha -

    I've had the same thing happen in my life. People say "oh, you're so perfect.. Holier than thou!?" My sister thinks I need a shrink, my dad says "you're in a cult", my uncle says "If you're a Jesus freak, I don't want to hear you." My old friends gossip about me "Ya, he's just all religious now", my job is gone, my finances are gone, my fiance' is gone.. my assets are gone.. my life is gone..gone...gone.

    And one day, I stood in the hallway, dwelling on this... All is lost. I said: "Lord, you're all I got." and I heard as plain as day: "Amen, now we can talk." Woooo.. Idols were plowed down by the Hand of God. I couldn't see Him behind all that stuff. He was there, but 2ndary to all those other things..those idols.

    He who loses his life will find it. PRAISE GOD!!! I was once lost, but now I am found..

    I'm in the fire dancing with Jesus!

    Isaiah 43:1-3 But now thus saith the LORD that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine. When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee. For I am the LORD thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour: I gave Egypt for thy ransom, Ethiopia and Seba for thee.

    Matthew 7:24-25 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Joseph. At one time, I thought I had lost everything, but because God was already working "in" me, some of it I gave up willingly. I was one of those who had to be brought down to be lifted up :) As this blog says, God didn't cause any of my problems, however, He can turn any situation to "good" for His edification and that is just what He is doing. I'm not perfect but I am forgiven and I'm building my house on the rock, "the solid rock". Praise God He is so awesome.

    ReplyDelete