Sunday, September 12, 2010

Is He Your Lamb?

I went to an awesome revival tonight and am still so overcome with the emotions and the outpouring of the Holy Spirit that I have to share.  I know many were saved tonight and the young people were filling the altars.  The Holy Spirit took over and the Evangelist never got around to preaching.  Tonight was for everyone but the Lord was leading through the young people.  Here's what happened:
One of the teenagers asked the evangelist if he could give his testimony.  This surprised and delighted the evangelist so he gave the young man a microphone, this was his story in his words.
"My name is Caleb and I'm a PK (preacher's kid).  I am 13 years old and I've been in church my whole life. I've led Sunday School for younger children, worked with our youth ministry, sang with my mom and dad, whatever needed doing in the church that I was big enough to do I've done.  I had always believed that I was saved from as early as I can remember maybe as far back as 2 years old.  Two years ago, when I was 11, we had a revival at our church, and I had heard a little of what the evangelist was preaching and I liked it and wanted to hear more but I had to keep the younger kids so I couldn't so the next night I asked if I could attend services and my parents let me.  The evangelist was preaching about Jesus being the Lamb.  He started pointing around the room asking people to raise their hands if Jesus was "their Lamb".  I was all set to raise my hand when the time came he pointed to me.  Then he pointed at me and asked, "is Jesus your Lamb?"  Immediately I heard this very clear voice say, "no Caleb, I'm not your Lamb, you have never accepted me".  I was talking in my mind and I said, "God don't tell me that, it can't be true".  Again the voice said, "I am not your Lamb, you've never accepted me."  I said, "God is that really you?"  Knowing in my mind it was.  All of a sudden I could feel the fiery pits of hell and I knew that it was true.  (At this point he began crying while trying to tell his story).  He said, "I ran to the altar, I couldn't wait to truly give my life to God because I realized that all my life I had been living a lie.  I had pretended to know Jesus but hadn't known Him at all.  I realized that I was living on my parents salvation and I couldn't do it anymore.  That night I truly gave my life to God and when I got up from the altar I could say with all my heart, "yes Jesus, you are my lamb".  I couldn't wait to tell people what I had experienced.  Before I didn't want to say anything I thought people would think I was weird, even though I was a preacher's kid, but after that night I wanted to tell everyone. "
He couldn't get through the rest of his testimony because he was crying so hard, but so was everyone else in the church.  The Evangelist's son started preaching and asked them to play a video they had shown at the beginning of service.  The video showed a man in a hospital bed, the caption said "Hell is a choice", it told that when you die someone will be there to get you, either angels or demons.  You could hear on the video what sounded like demons coming closer to the man, the man opened his eyes and started screaming, "no get away from me, why are you burning me alive, don't take me" and the video ended.  It moved everyone in the church but especially the young people and especially my 11 year old grandson, who, like Caleb has professed to know Jesus but until tonight was living a lie.  He went to the altar and gave his life completely to God tonight.  Hell became real for him tonight as it did many others young and old alike.  The altars were filled, not just once but 4 different times as people were moved by the Holy Spirit and by the prompting of the Lord.  That's a move of the Holy Spirit.  That is what it's all about.  Not just doing lip service, not just coming to church because it's the right thing to do.  We can't live on our parents salvation, our preacher's salvation, our spouses salvation.  We have a choice to make.  Hell is real.  The Lamb (Jesus) is real.  What is your choice, Heaven or Hell.
Is He your Lamb?
John 1:29  The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.
God bless
tawanab

3 comments:

  1. This is a good good question for all Christians to ask, including myself. We have to do a real real gut check.. and make sure we have the faith, and works follow... verses works without faith, which are dead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello friend. Just stopping in to check on ya. I pray all is well in that temple over there. :)

    May the Lord fill you, bless you, and keep you. In Jesus I pray, amen.

    joseph

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, He is my Lamb and I love it when the Holy Spirit takes over the service from the minister and ministers to us instead.

    ReplyDelete