Tuesday, November 16, 2010

God's Ways are NOT Our Ways

Isaiah 55:8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.
How true that is! Of one thing I am certain, God cannot lie!  When He said in Jeremiah 29:11, (NIV) For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.  Jeremiah 29:11, (KJV) For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.
One thing is definite, He is for us not against us and He is faithful to those who are faithful to Him.  I have come from court this morning from a divorce that I did not want but I came out with the outlook that God has plans for me, plans that I might prosper and that through Him I do have hope for the future.  I truly have cast all my cares on Him because I know He cares for me and I am truly thankful to have Him as the author of my life.  Without Him I am nothing.  As my tears fell this morning, I was surrounded by others God has placed in my life that truly care and I saw His blessings.  Then I got home and the first thing I saw on facebook is this note that I am sharing below.  I love the way God works in and around and through me and others and the way He shares confirmation with me in the smallest of ways.  I love you Lord!  You ARE worthy to be praised!  
Enjoy this and I hope it gives you who read it comfort as it did me.  It is written by Sarah Misch and her page is Sisters in Christ (Women's fellowship).  I pray she doesn't mind me sharing and I give her and God full credit as well as thanks for uplifting me in a very trying time.
GOD HEARS (by Sarah Misch)  If you have facebook you should be able to click the title and read the actual note.

God Hears

by Sisters In Christ (Women's Fellowship) on Tuesday, November 16, 2010 at 11:39am
I know there is times when we wonder if He is listening. I think many times we know the scriptures in our head, but it hasn't got to our hearts yet. Or, maybe sometimes we know He hears, but wonder what will come of our prayers, our cries, our tears. Am I, this one insignificant person in the grand scheme of this universe, going to be important enough for God to not only hear but also act? Will I get an answer, will I see a miracle when so many are far worse off than me? I wonder how often everyday around this world these thought are spoken in people's hearts. 


Psalm 56:8 You keep track of all my sorrows. You have collected all my tears in your bottle. You have recorded each one in your book.

God not only hears and sees your cries, but He keeps records of your heartbreaks and collects your tears. That is a love beyond my imagination. We can not limit God in His abilities based on our human understanding of things. He is fully capable of loving each and every person on this earth with the greatness and fullness of His love. 

Isaiah 65:24 I will answer them before they even call to me. While they are still talking about their needs, I will go ahead and answer their prayers!
Psalm 91:15 When they call on me, I will answer; I will be with them in trouble. I will rescue and honor them.

I'm so excited I could break into laughter right now. God already knows before you asked Him! He already answered before you started praying! He already has went ahead of you to start working it all out! In Psalm it didn't say He might answer, it said He "will" answer. Lets fully understand the last part of that scripture though. He didn't say He would not ever let you go through troubled times. He said He'd be there. Right there with you, and what is He doing there - rescuing and honoring. He's going ahead of you, leading you through it all (if you will listen), and when it is over you are honored. You will have been strengthened in spirit, emotionally, and physically.

God does hear, and He does answer. You just have to trust Him, wait and listen. What we must remember though is to make sure what we are asking for is in accordance to His will. His will is shown throughout the scriptures. In reading them you will know how to pray.

1 John 5:14-15 Now this is the confidence we have before Him: whenever we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears whatever we ask, we know that we have what we have asked Him for.
John 15:7 If you remain in Me and My words remain in you, ask whatever you want and it will be done for you.

God bless you, sisters.
Sarah Misch

Thank you Sarah, thank you God and thank you all who have lifted me up in prayer and love.
God bless
tawanab

No comments:

Post a Comment