Monday, October 25, 2010

Forgiveness Is God's Business

I wrote this as a note in facebook because of some posts I had seen that were negative about other people but I decided to write it in my blog because the Lord nudged me :)  I hope it speaks to your heart as you read.  I also hope its one of those times you can say amen and not oh me!  God bless.
If you have something against someone or something to say to someone, say it to their face, not their facebook.
And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.
Mark 11:25
For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;  Romans 3:23
In these last days satan knows he must step up his plan to destroy our lives, he is pulling out all the stops and using every means he can because he knows he is losing, he knows his days are numbered and prophecy is soon going to be fulfilled.  The Bible says son will turn against father and daughter against mother, division is coming.  Choose you this day whom you will serve.  Do you serve a master that feeds you lies and deceit or one that offers the promise of a life everlasting.  If you buy into satan's lies and deceptions no matter how small they might be you have made a choice.  
If you say to yourself or to anyone, I cannot forgive or I will not forgive that person for what they have done, you are putting yourself in the position of God and very close to blasphemy.  Forgiveness is God's right, forgiveness is God's business.  If we cannot forgive others, how is our Father in Heaven going to forgive us.  Remember the parable of the master and servant, the master forgave the debt his servant owed but then that servant went right out and had another jailed for money he owed him.   
I'm not perfect and don't claim to be but I know that someday I will have to stand before God and answer for every deed and every word, even idle ones.  Every night when I ask for forgiveness I also ask God to forgive those who have hurt or wronged me because I do not want anyone to suffer for things they have done and especially not to me.
So in this note to whoever reads it, if I have wronged you or even if you "think" I have wronged you, I am asking you to forgive me and I want it known that I do not hold anything against anyone.  For anyone in my life that has ever wronged me or that I "thought" did, I forgive them.  I would hate to go to my final resting place in the twinkling of an eye and think I had left any unfinished business.  Life is to short to hold grudges.  God intends for us to know joy and peace, it was never His intention for anyone to be lost.  We can't be perfect but we can strive daily to live as God instructs us in His word.  Jesus with His last few breaths said, "Father, forgive them for they know not what they do"...  (Luke 23:34)  If Jesus can forgive us for the sin we have committed that sent Him to that old rugged cross to die, who are we to withhold forgiveness from anyone.  Have we given our lives for their sins?  
Pray with me...
Father, I love you today, I want to do what is right in Your eyes.  Forgive me for my sins whether known or unknown, help me to start again to try and serve You and do what is pleasing to You.  If anyone holds anything against me today, whether real or a misunderstanding, Lord help them to find it in their heart to forgive me.  Father if there is anyone that I am holding animosity or unforgiveness towards, help me today to let it go, to cleanse my heart so that I may be healed.  Forgive those who have wronged me, sinned against me, and those I believe have wronged me.  I do not want anyone to stand before Your judgement seat for something they have done to me.  I want my mind and my heart to be clear when I myself stand before you.  I ask this in your Son's precious and Holy name.  Amen

1 comment: