Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thanksgiving Day - 2013

As Thanksgiving day winds down I have to say again how very thankful I am for the God I serve and His love and care.  His love always amazes me.  I can look back over my life and see time after time after time where He has intervened and blessed me.  I know there is not a need that He hasn't filled and right now I can't even think of a desire that He hasn't fulfilled!  Everything is always what I asked for or when I asked for it or the way I pictured it, but better!  God's way, God's timing, God's answers are perfect.  I can't say I haven't had plenty of trouble, I've had my share of heartbreak too but I can't blame God.  (I could but it wouldn't be true).  If I had been faithful to the path He laid for me I could have spared myself a lot of that.  Even though I got off course, He stayed.  I can truly say He never left my side.
Today is just one day of 365 that I'm thankful for everything He is and has done.  My biggest blessings besides Him that God has given me has to be my extensive family (family isn't about blood) and friends.  That covers even those I haven't met yet!

To my husband, it goes without saying, :-) since I say it so much, I love you.  You are my soul mate.
Most people know my story of motherhood but for my "children" and "grandchildren" I want to say once again how much I love you.  You are all truly a gift from God and you know why I say that.  Only God could have brought you into my life.  To those of you who might say, "I used to be".  Make no doubt about it, you STILL are, in my heart, my child and always will be.  Some things for me don't change :-)
 
To my cousins, all of you!  You are wonderful and I love you so much and would not trade any of our memories growing up (well maybe one, Rose Coyle, if I could change it, I wouldn't bring the mumps to your house lol).  There is a picture circulating around facebook that says our cousins are the first friends we ever have.  How true that is and the best!  This goes for all the 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc cousins (and their husbands and wives too :-)
The friends God has given me and the extended family He has given me are blessings I'm so thankful He honored me with.
Every single person God has brought in my life has been a blessing or a lesson and I'm thankful for both because they are all a part of who I am today.  Some were just for a moment, some were for a season, some were for a reason and some are for a lifetime.  In God's perfect way He knows who should be each one of those.
So, not just today but everyday, I am thankful first to God.  Second, I am thankful to all of you for being in my life.  If I forget to tell you sometime, just re-read this note and remember that love is forever.
If someday I'm no longer here to tell you, you are forever loved.  :-)
Happy Thanksgiving 2013 - God bless you each and everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment