Sunday, December 29, 2013

God' Way or My Way?

Proverbs 14:12  There is a way which seems right to a man, but its end is the way to death.

You know you are on the right path when doing everyday menial things brings a scripture to mind.  Now notice I said "on the right path", I didn't say perfect or even close to perfect.  I am definitely no where near perfect but praise God IF I complete this course or journey with the Lord and make it to hear HIM say, "enter in", then I will be! 
Anyway back to God's way or my way.
I was washing dishes and I have a certain way I stack them in the drainer to make them fit.  Same way I have ALWAYS done it.  Usually I do it without even thinking about it because I have done it that way for so long.   The same with folding my towels.  But as I was stacking dishes, the first part of the above scripture came to my mind,  "there is a way which seems right to a man".  Now I don't believe that God was talking about my dishes or the way I stack them, but I do know without a doubt that HE was trying to tell me something.  "Just because I've done it that way forever, just because I believe that is the right way to do it, does NOT make it right."  There are other ways and there are others who could show me or point me to the truth, IF, I prepare my heart and mind to listen.  That does NOT mean I should take advice from everyone, doesn't mean I should listen to everyone but just like reading and studying HIS Word, I should use discernment simply because not everything is always MY way, not everything I do is always the RIGHT way.  I'm still learning too.  One thing I do know, I love the Lord with all my heart, mind and soul.  I don't want to miss HIS Kingdom.  Maybe I am doing things the right way but maybe there is more to be learned.  Do you see where I'm going with this?  We can think we are right, we may even be right, but it's NOT our way.  It's God's way.  No matter what we are doing in life, we could not do it, would not be able to do it if it were not for the Lord. 
The next time you are trying to get something done your way, stop and think..."is this really the right way, is this the only way?  Could their way be right?  Have I done this so long that I am merely steeped in tradition and afraid of change?"  Ohhh that probably hit a nerve :-)  I know it has with me a couple of times, because it was true!! 
Proverbs 12:15 has this to say:  The way of a fool is right in his own eyes, But a wise man is he who listens to counsel.
Do you listen to counsel or do you see yourself right IN YOUR OWN EYES?  What about God, how does HE see you?
There are many definitions of a fool, this is only one but it fits!  Fool:  One who is deficient in judgment, sense, or understanding.  So using that definition for fool to be foolish would be to act without judgment, sense or understanding.  Exactly how we do when we trudge on day in and day out doing the same old things, either out of tradition or habit. 
God is saying today, break away from tradition, break away from habit, break away from what you have always done, always believed.  It's time to grow up in the Lord.  Start to question why you do things the way you do, believe what you believe.  Is it because you were taught that by someone else or did you learn it through reading God's word, prayer, fasting, asking the Holy Spirit for guidance, asking God for discernment?
It's past time to get back to the basics, God has every single thing lined out in the Bible, there are no mistakes.  There is example after example of the wrong way AND the right way.  There is much to learn but we won't learn it by insisting everything always be "our" way.  

It's not God's way or my way, it's GOD's way ALL the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment