Friday, February 13, 2009

Leave them with love

I've only got a minute as my husband and I are headed to Texas. His mom is in ICU and it doesn't look good BUT, we have a wondrous God and we are praying, not necessarily for healing but for His will for her. She has had a long battle with diabetes, Congestive Heart failure, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease and a few other problems that have had her in and out of the hospital continuously. She and God knows what she wants and what He wants. We just have to wait and see.

That's the hard part. Giving up a loved one when they are ready to go. I've been there with my mom, my dad and my husband before. It's never easy. It doesn't get easier but knowing they are ready, knowing they want to see Jesus and they are just plain tired gives you a sense of peace, not at first sometimes when the grief is so strong but later when you think of them and remember them. My dad actually told me before he died that he saw Jesus and that Jesus had told him he would be coming home soon. Within two days he did go home, peacefully. What joy to know that he is in Heaven waiting. My mom did the same thing. My husband at the time had slipped into a coma but we talked some before and he accepted Jesus before he went. My point I guess is that for the believer, it's just as hard to let go of a loved one but when you know that loved one is looking forward to stepping from this life into the next to live with Jesus, you can't begrudge their leaving you behind.

For my mother-in-law, I hope it isn't her time but again that is up to God. I haven't gotten to know her very well since she lives so far away so I can only hope that her life is right with God, (I know at one time it was), and that she is ready because she is heavily sedated and we can't talk to her. So my prayer for her is that she is ready and of course we all hope this isn't the time but only time will tell.

We will be gone a few days so I won't be posting, hopefully all will be well and we will be back on Monday. God bless all.

Don't forget when you leave your love ones, no matter for how short a time, leave them with love, you never know when you will get the chance or IF you will get the chance to tell you that you love them again. We are none of us promised that last breath.

2 comments:

  1. I live in El Paso, Tx (Ft. Bliss)
    I'm not a religious person. But I do wish the best for your mother-n-law. I hope things go well and ya'll have a safe trip to and from Texas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My prayers go with you...I lost my husband to liver failure in July of 2007. He was in ICU for almost a month, in a coma for two weeks. I cannot describe the pain I endured.

    I hope everything turns out well for all of you. I've been there...and it is not easy. May your faith stay strong...Mattie

    ReplyDelete