Thursday, February 19, 2009

What CAN you say when thank you is not enough

What can you say when thank you is not enough? What can you do or say when someone does something for you that is totally unexpected, so monumental to you and such a blessing that it almost blind sides you. How do you express to that person or persons that what they have done and they think is such a small thing or "not much" turns out to be, for you, such a big blessing that you cannot even express yourself you are so overcome by their thoughtfulness and their act of kindness.

I pray. I pray that God will rain showers of blessings on each one of them, that God will bless them over and above the blessings He has given us through them.

Although it may seem at times that no one in the world cares and everyone is out for themselves, there are still good people in this world. People who will go the extra mile to help someone. I'm sure I'm not the only one that has ever thought there just weren't any good people left. Usually those times are when I'm really down and something in my own life has gone wrong or I've come across a particularly ornery person that particular day. Then I realize it's just "my" thinking and "my" problem. Not everyone is that way. Everyone has problems, everyone has a bad day once in a while, sometimes more than others but its nice to know that people do still care, that all is not lost.

What can you say when thank you is not enough? I guess really nothing, but I do wish sometimes that people could see inside my heart so they could know just how much I care about them and just how much I appreciate them and how inadequate I feel because I can't express more than just thank you.

Maybe in time I can repay their kindness or if they don't need anything, maybe I will have the opportunity to pay it forward in memory of what they have done for me. I pray for that also.

For now, I'm stuck with just thank you but I look forward to the day when I can do more. Now I'm going to turn this blog really personal because by first name only I want to publicly thank each of them for what they have done for my husband and I and I'm asking that if you read this and you are a praying person, pray for these people that God will bless them because they truly deserve it. No one asks for their help, they just give it and I know they don't expect anything in return that's what makes what they have done even more special. I want to thank them for letting God use them also, whether they thought that was what they were doing or not, each one of them fulfilled a prayer they had no way of knowing.

And to each of them, should you happen to read this, you know what you have done and I do thank you from the bottom of my heart. Each one of you said, "it's not much but I hope it helps", I want you to know it meant everything to us! It WAS much.

Sharyl, Jessica, Shelley, Sue and Jesse, Quita and Dave, thank you, we love you guys always. I want you to know how much we appreciate you. You didn't (and don't) have to do what you did (and do) for us to love you we already did (do) :) but I still want to say thank you until the time comes when I can do more. I'm not going to list what you did, because that is between you and us but you know and we know and God knows and we will NEVER forget :).

And certainly most of all I thank God, for blessing us with each of you in our lives and for answering our prayers through you. For Jehovah Jireh (God will provide) has never been brought home to me more than it has this week.

1 comment:

  1. I can feel the warmth emanating from you with this post. There are good people in this world, even though we often have our doubts...they do exist. Your words are proof of that!(smile)

    You must always hold onto your faith, and hold onto those dear ones that love you.(smile)

    Blessings to you...Mattie

    ReplyDelete