Friday, October 8, 2010

Are You Guilty?

Not to long ago I heard one of those little one liners that I really liked and it stuck with me, it also got me to thinking about my personal walk with Jesus and my relationship with Him.  It read:  If they arrested you for being a follower of Jesus, would there be enough evidence to convict you?  Wow, that's cutting to the heart of the matter isn't it.
So I started thinking, does my fruit show evidence that I am a faithful follower of Christ?  When others are asked about me, what would they say?  People know how much I love my kids and grandkids, but do they truly know how much I love the Lord?  Is my walk consistent with my talk?  Of course I would like to think so but the proof is in my works.  What am I doing for the Kingdom of God?  Everything I have read lately, all the preaching I've heard, the one consistent theme has been, "it's all about God", it's His will not mine.
He created us for a purpose, are we fulfilling that purpose?
Do I/we truly have faith in all things concerning Jesus?
James 2: 17-26  17Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.  18Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works. 19Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble. 20But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead? 21Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?22Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect? 23And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God. 24Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only. 25Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way? 26For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
The Bible says:  John 14:6  Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
Phil. 4:19  But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
So many promises in the Bible and yet, what do we do for Him?  He has not required us to be imprisoned, beheaded, beaten.... yet we grumble at what He has asked us to do which is spread the gospel, love our neighbor as ourselves.  Honor Him.  
A dear friend has  a blog that explains it so much better than I can.  If you pop over and read it, I'm sure he would be happy and you won't be sorry.  Here's his link:  http://serious-things.com/evidence-of-our-wellspring/
I will leave you with this one question:  "If you were arrested for being a follower of Jesus, WOULD there be enough evidence to convict you?"
God bless
tawanab

1 comment:

  1. Hey sister! :) I pray all is well for you. Yes, "If they arrested you for being a follower of Jesus, would there be enough evidence to convict you?" is a huge statement. Especially if the true Judge was trying the case!

    I find myself looking more like the world more than looking like Christ. Praying through this, and for you too. :)

    Blessings friend. Love ya,

    joseph

    ReplyDelete