Friday, July 25, 2014

A Picture is Worth A Thousand Words

This is my disclaimer!  I am not judging anyone for what they like or what they have.  God is our judge, always has been, always will be.  How does God judge us?  Very plainly BY HIS WORD.
I read in Leviticus 26:1 You shall not make for yourselves idols, nor shall you set up for yourselves an image or a sacred pillar, nor shall you place a figured stone in your land to bow down to it; for I am the LORD your God.
By this I know how He will judge "me".  As for me and mine, we will serve the Lord.  Many people wonder why I don't like and try not to post pictures of Jesus.  Let me say, I used to before I realized that the pictures were not only not really Him but also pretty much not remotely what He would have looked like "back in the day".  Then as I kept studying I found that the pictures/drawings of Jesus changed.  They were only "imagined" likenesses to begin with but later on they were actually likenesses of a totally different person. (you can read all about it just by googling, "real face of Jesus" or following the link below.  I have included the link below for you to read for yourself and decide for yourself what is best for you.  Many people will say, "well, we don't know what He looks like so what does it matter?" That is my point, we don't know but as for me, I will wait, and I will pray that one day I get to look upon His face and see Him for real.  I don't want illusions to cause me to miss Him :-)
Love you all, God bless.


Exodus 20:4 You shall not make for yourself an idol, or any likeness of what is in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the water under the earth.
Jesus painting modeled after Ceaser Borgia   (NOTE:  there are more links below).
Son of Pope Alexander VI.

No comments:

Post a Comment